Staging is Necessary to Sell Real Estate
Staging your home is a guaranteed way to raise the value of your property. It involves interior design principles and lifestyle selling strategies to highlight the architectural features of the property.
Before your home goes into the market, it needs to be prepared and look it's very best. Not only does it need to be cleaned and decluttered, it will need to be updated and be in move in condition. Essex Designs will take another step further with showcasing techniques to get buyers attention, increase the value of your home and outshine your competition.
Clutter eats equity!
Buyers only know what they see, not the way it's going to be.
Home staging used to be optional. Today, it's a necessity in selling a house.
52% of buyers surveyed are willing to offer more for a staged home compared to similar homes on the market.
62% of listing agents say staging a home decreases the time on the market.
Stage To Sell
Best Ways To Declutter Before You Move
As a stager, I know how difficult this task is to home sellers. But why pack things you no longer need to the new home?
Many of our homes have become the storage of unwanted clutter, especially the basement. What is it about decluttering that’s anxiety-inducing? I myself would rather clean the toilet, read the news or open up Facebook than to clean the basement.
Fortunately, there are effective and powerful guides to help us declutter. Use these two methods to minimize unwanted clutter before your next move.
Is Staging Necessary?
This quick video discussion with Danielle Scott includes,
-The reason behind depersonalization
-Buyers' need for move-in conditions
Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
Spring is the busiest season for real estate. Now that winter has passed, it’s time to prep your home for the busiest selling season. Look for damage and make any needed repairs.
Even if you are not selling, this maintenance checklist will help you keep your property value and appreciation rate up. Take care of the minor repairs now before putting your property in the market.
Hi, I'm Gwen.
If you need a professionally trained stager to prepare your home for the market, you've come to the right place.
Is your home listing clean and de-cluttered but still not getting any offers? Has your listing been on the market for over 3 months? Or more? Are you worried that buyers will chip away on your equity with low-ball offers? If you said yes, then let me help you showcase your property with time-tested techniques to get you faster and better offers.
On the fence about using a staging service? How about 10 great reasons why you need it?
1. You will distinguish yourself from other non-staged listings. Staging is about getting the buyer’s attention.
2. Buyers will make a better emotional connection with a staged property.
3. Staged homes sell 73% faster. Currently, the average days on market is 110 days for NY and NJ. That's over 3 months of mortgage and maintenance cost.
4. You will make more money. 63% of buyers are offering more for a house that is in move in condition.
5. You will get your money back. A 1%-3% investment on home staging yields 8%-10% return.
6. A home stager can provide an unbiased opinion of the home that the homeowner cannot give since he can become familiar or attached to his own home.
7. Did you know that you only have 7 seconds to get a buyer's attention online? A listing that is staged will have a better online presence than a listing that is not staged.
8. We address improvements on walls, floors, and ceiling, that protect the equity of your property.
9. A staging consultation will get you a color scheme and plan of action to prepare your home. You can do the work yourself if you're on a budget. Or hire my team to do the rest.
10. Staging sells homes. It really works!
Source: 2017 National Association of Realtors Home Staging Statistics